Eight contestants have been confirmed to compete in next months Miss South Pacific Pageant to be hosted by Samoa.
The eight confirmed entries includes American Samoa, Niue, hospital Nauru, Cook Islands, Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and Papua New Guinea
The Miss South Pacific Pageant is one avenue that provides awareness programmes not only in the tourism development sector but the environment and the sustainability of Pacific cultures.
The final of the pageant will held at the National University of Samoa (NUS) on 19 December, 2014, culminating the whole weeks programme that runs between 14 and 20 December.
The contestants confirmed so far are:
- Miss American Samoa Anneliese Faaitumalo Sword, who is a 26-year-old teacher;
- Miss Fiji Nanise Noel Ragarau Rainima, 22, a full-time missionary;
- Miss Republic of Nauru Kauai Margreta Oppenheimer, 26, a part-time beauty therapist;
- Miss Niue Nina Erika Misioini Nemaia, 18, a student at Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT) in New Zealand;
- Miss Papua New Guinea Grace Agatha Nugi, 24, a research intern at the Wildlife Conservation Society in PNG;
- Miss Kingdom of Tonga Cassandra Ngaluafe, 21, a student at Auckland University of Technology;
- Miss Samoa Latafale Auvaa, 20, a university at the University of Otago, New Zealand; and
- Miss Cook Islands Antonina Browne.