Members of the public are urged to take precautions during the heavy rain being experienced in certain parts of the country.
Reports coming in say certain areas will not be accessible because of flooding.
CENTRAL DIVISION –
1) Lodoni Bridge vehicles coming from Natovi are not able to cross at Lodoni because the bridge is under water;
2) Dakuinuku village – currently affected and there is a request for evacuation; and
3) 2nd bridge at Qelekuro towards Dawasamu in Tailevu is currently under water and people must stay clear of the area.
4) NAUSORI – Koronivia Rd, online Rewa River – water level rising slowly;
5) Korociriciri Rd, Vusuya Rd – under water closed to all traffic.
6) NAKASI – Waidamudamu settlement under water.
Korovou police have also received a report of a vehicle that was buried in landslide at Naivicula Road and officers are trying to get to the location.
FIJI POLICE MEDIA CELL